Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Obsessed...

Let me just say that I am obsessed with my ring. One of the smaller diamonds fell out about a three weeks ago, so I brought it back to the jeweler. She gave me this big speech on how you shouldn't wear your diamonds to bed because of the sheets (?????), also how I should never wear the diamond when I am at school because of gloves, also, I shouldn't wear the ring when I am running or working out, cleaning,... etc... OH! And... I should never put my hands in my pockets or put mittens on... Okay... So I said to her... "So,... Basically... I can never wear my ring... ?" And she said, "Well, most jewelers don't tell you that so that you have to come back to them and they get to charge you more to replace a diamond that you lost.." I don't know... This sounds pretty ridiculous to me, and I have never heard of anyone saying that you can't wear your ring to bed because of the sheets... Anyways, she had to add 52 new prongs around each diamond, and she said that it was 500 dollars worth of repairs because I was "too rough" on the ring. Then she also told me that this time she would fix it, but next time she would have to charge me... hmmm... I don't know.... 

3 comments:

lori bunk said...

bethany...
i was cracking up at your post... who ever heard of not wearing your ring to bed b/c the sheets are too rough?

i had problems with my ring the 1st year i was married... i had michael agnellos re-prong it and it's been worry-free for 6 years!!

good luck!
--lori--

~d said...

yeah...sounds like you need new sheets--those burlap ones ur mom uses ARE tough on diamonds (have u seen how they have made hers turn yellow?!) LOL

bethany ura hoot & i love you-- wear it and wear it baby!!

Gabe ♥ Hannah said...

bethany i'm cracking up reading this post! you are the cutests... that jeweler is a quack.... i love wearing my ring.... and if you took it off to work out... cook;.. clean... you would never wear it!