Monday, October 27, 2008

Home sweet Home?


So, here is the story. After Mike and I had gone off on a house/condo searching rampage, and were still left not knowing what we wanted to do... I made a decision... No more looking until we are closer to next August. So... Saturday (Sweetest day) comes, and me and Mike were just going to make dinner at my house and chill out. Mike drives over to my house, and says, "Okay, I know we weren't going to look at any more places, but a house just went up in Rochester Hills three days ago, and it going for a really good price." "There are no pictures posted online, and since it is so close to your house, let's just swing over there, and look at it really quick." So, I figure.. Okay,... We might as well. So we drive over the house, and look around in the yard, and the front (and even trying to peer in the windows without looking suspicious to the neighbors ha), and we both think... Wow,,... this is pretty nice... something HAS to be wrong with the inside... It is probably trashed because it is bank owned. So we call Aunt Bonnie that night, and tell her the news... Sunday comes, and Mike runs his SECOND marathon in TWO weeks! After that, we meet up with Aunt Bonnie at the house.  It has three bedrooms, one bathroom, basement, fireplace, some hardwoods, New windows, newer furnace, roof, electric... but it is GREAT need of some TLC... So we put an offer in, and we GOT IT! Now... We are just waiting for a few more checkups with the water and gas... So we will know in the next couple of days!!! We are so excited!!!! XO BEEnMIKE

5 comments:

Karen said...

I'm so happy for you two -- you will have so much fun working on this house and making it into your first HOME - SWEET HOME. (Plus, I have to say I'm REJOICING that it's only a few minutes from our house!)

Jessica said...

Oh My!!! Horray!!! What a big step. I'm very happy for you both.

Gabe ♥ Hannah said...

oh bee you are going to be a lil homeowner! i love your posts! makes me miss you both... wish i were home! xoxo

~d said...

It just CAN'T be....bethany i am soooo happy for you! i have a special box of assorted pumpkins for a housewarming gift for you!! LOL

Gabe ♥ Hannah said...

i love your new home! it was so fun to look at it yesterday! sooo much "cuteness" potential!